Ushahidi's community is global. We'd like to have more local events around the world. Do you have event planning coordination skills? Do you speak another language?Also, we want to track events that people are attending and speaking at on behalf or about Ushahidi. (see Community Event Reporting)
Also, If you are attending an event or speaking about Ushahidi, you are part of our community. We'd like to know and give you thanks!
Steps to running an Ushahidi event:
- Contact Us
- Start your Your community event checklist (make a copy of this document to proceed)
- Announce your meetup in coordination with Community Leaders (Heather or Angela) via Meetup or Google +
- Blog or advertise your meetup. Let us know (Contact Us) so that we can add it to our Community Weekly Reports and post to our social media channels
- Take Pictures, videos, prepare slides and more to share with the Ushahidi Community.
- Provide your users with a survey to get feedback
- Contact Us to talk about how we can improve.
- Provide some basic stats on attendance for Community Event Reporting