Working Group Teams
- Digital/OpenStreetMap mappers
- Platform testers and bug crushers
- Back-end developers
- Front-end developers
- UI Designers
- User Experience (UX) Experts
- Can you help test? (Coding skills are not required.)
- How is the UX/UI? Does our system make sense?
- We want to map risk areas in Kenya. Can you help map designated regions on OpenStreetMap so that we can use it as a base layer?
- What technical security protocols/practices should we have in place to keep people safe?
2. Local Community Outreach and Training
- Government employees/officials
- Social media experts
- Developing a media strategy and managing outreach
- Workflow, process, and documentation
- Outreach Street Team
- Youth Street Team
- StandBy Task Force (SBTF) groups
WHO: Engagement, Organization, University/College/School connections, Presenters,Trainers, bloggers
How can we build youth street teams?
3. Swahili and Local Language Team
Translate Ushahidi software into Swahili
Assist with local language translation
WHO: Translators, Native Language speaker
What methods can we do to make is easier to translate Ushahidi into Swahili?
How should we handle other languages?
Can you help us translate? Do you know people who can help?
4. Social media & Communications
Hip social media plan – memes, pictures, photos, rap songs
What is the Uchaguzi tagline?
What is the most effective social media campaign online? Can you help create and design this?
Which tools can we use with ushahidi
How can we get the short code out massively by region?
How can we help educate people how to vote?
Who: Social media outreach fanatics, photographers, videographers, designers, infographic makers, bloggers, data hackers
5. Analytics, Research and Analysis
Research intern job
How can we use other visualization tools with Ushahidi
Test Swift River
What types of ways/tools can we analyze information to make sense and amplify it
Who: Data hackers, researchers, analysts, designers, bloggers
We are looking for research on media use across the country. What is the best way to reach various area? radio, tv, internet, sms
Where are the key risk areas we should focus on?
How should we make sense of the data? How should it be visualized?
Do people know how to vote?
6. Umati Research
Learn about Umati Research on Dangerous speech
WHO: Bloggers, researchers
How should Dangerous speech be surfaced in reports or online in Uchaguzi?
To get involved in this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org