How are we doing?
We know that the feedback loop for the Ushahidi community is broken. Help us make some changes to improve:
Current state: Community members give feedback a number of ways:
- github issues
- contact AT ushahidi DOT com
- email core team
- email mailing list
- talk with team at events
- surveys, feedback forms
This is not working for our community. The launch of GitHub Issues is helpful for the technical community members. However, Ushahidi is 90% Everything and 10% technology. If we aim to support our community members, we need to find better ways to share, collaborate and act on feedback. This means transparent, community-driven change. Your input is welcome. The Forums (with a better platform) might help, but only if people's questions are rated and get answered in a timely manner.
Recommended Change: Idea Space for Non-techies
- Easy to use
- Not to technical
- Voting up/down topics
- Include as a tab on community.ushahidi.com
- Use Stack Overflow (Henry Addo)
- Use Idea Scale (Sentil Prakash Chinnachamy)
- Use the Idea page like map.occupy.net (Heather Leson)
- Update forums.ushahidi.com with different software
VOTE with a comment or other tips. We will also add a poll to the blog in the coming weeks.