Ushahidi v3 has a Demo Site to help users test. This is a quick step by step. There are two ways to demo:
Spin up an instance
This site allows more technical folks to dig into a new install. Code knowledge required.
- Go to https://pagodabox.com/cafe/rjmackay/ushahidi-v3
- Create an account (you can link it to your github account).
- Click Launch, read the manual and tinker away
Use the Stand-alone Demo Site
This site allows any user to easily test v3 without having the heavy technical lifting. No code knowledge required.
- Go to http://v3demo.ushahididevplatform.ushahidi.com/
- Create a new account . This will require an email confirmation.
- Once you login, you'll encounter an 'authorization screen'. The demo site is for components of Ushahidi v3. Each of these elements are 'scopes'. Think of these as 'parts' of your Ushahidi site. By authorizing, you can test the full demo.
- When you arrive at the demo site, or use the demo admin
- Go ahead and start playing with views, create or workspace. (Note not all functionality is live yet. Stay tuned)creating posts.. explore.